An Average American Conservative Christian Woman - speaking her mind - stridently

Monday, April 11, 2005

Cell Phones Rock!

I got a cell phone! Welcome to the 21st Century Heidi Sue !!!

I know - it's past time. We've had a "family" cell phone for a couple of years now - it became a necessity while we were building our house and Ken was at the worksite all the time and we needed to communicate. Also - Ken having the cell phone about 90% of the time was just fine, I didn't have much need for it.

But hey - we got an offer we just couldn't refuse. (Shameless plug here for "Alltel"). We got a better plan with more features, more minutes at the same price we were paying - which was already a good deal, a very basic/cheap plan - no sparkly extras or anything. PLUS - we can call each other without having it count against our minutes - we can call home for "free" and long-distance - and anyone else on the Alltel plan - - yadda yadda yadda - AND we added my new phone for an additional $10 per month.

Not to mention the fact that I chose the cheapest phone I could! A whopping $40 phone - but heck - it has everything I need - and I like it! With any luck - if the cell phones work out well at home - we'll eventually (the sooner the better - we are trying to save money for an adoption you know) get rid of our "regular" phone line and use just the cell phones. If we're able to do that, we'll save money every month !! An added bonus!

I already downloaded my own special ring-tone! The Battle Hymn Of The Republic - hee hee. So now, anytime my phone rings - I feel like marching!! So, I'm making a statement with every call that rings through!

But, don't worry, I'm going to try to practice good cell phone etiquette. More about that later!

Just thought I'd share.