An Average American Conservative Christian Woman - speaking her mind - stridently

Monday, April 11, 2005

Peter Jennings

He's blatently liberal - he editorializes shamelessly - and I can't count the number of times I've turned the channel because I thought I'd blow a gasket just watching him. In fact, I don't remember the last time I watched ABC News World News Tonight.

But, Peter Jennings' recent announcement that he has lung cancer made me remember that even liberals who make me nuts need prayer too. (OK, actually I felt ashamed when I realized that liberals are probably in more need of prayer than others - and I should really remember that and act on it!)

The truth is - I wouldn't wish lung cancer on anyone. My Aunt Linda died of lung cancer, and it was a relentless, unforgiving monster.

So, the only thing I want to say about Peter Jennings is that I hope he beats this, and I will pray for him. And - if he doesn't beat this? I'll pray that he is truly saved - a born-again Christian - so that at least he'll have something wonderful in store for him.

I'll still get ticked off if I watch him though - unless he converts to conservatism!