An Average American Conservative Christian Woman - speaking her mind - stridently

Monday, May 30, 2005


2005 - Memorial Day - Our House

We spent a few hours today planting. This weekend we hit a sale and got quite a few "landscape" plants - things like grasses - rhododendron - a japanese weeping maple - and many other things, the names of which I can't remember at the moment.

With ANY luck - these little buggers will do well. I don't have the best track record when it comes to plants - but time will tell. Right now, things look a bit sparse - but all of what we have planted thus far are perennials - and by definition they should keep coming back - RIGHT?

Ken worked so hard to amend the soil correctly (hopefully) and dig and plant and water. I was hard at work supervising! So, the creative vision was mine - and it will be my failure if these buggers don't do well where we put them! If only a little of my Dad's green thumb would rub off on me!

Ken also planted a bunch of tomato plants and sunflower seeds by the fence at the end of the driveway - we're crossing our fingers on that one too!

Thanks Honey - for all your hard work - and for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!